(NB: now the release post is made in 4 sections: Details, What's Missing?, What's Next? and Changes. It will be also the case for the next release posts)Details
The alpha 10 [0.6.9.1016]it#04 is finally released.
FARC is bundled in two flavors: manually, with 7z archives and semi-automated with setup files.
These two ways doesn't requires that FARC is previously installed.
If it is installed and you use the setup file, please bear in mind that it will update correctly only from the alpha 10-iteration 01, not from the alpha 10 or any other alpha before.
If it isn't the case, just remove any previous version of FARC before to install this one.
If you take the manual way, please delete any previous version of FARC before.
Setup is here: FARColony-full-alpha_10it04-0.6.9.1016.exe
Manual archive is here: FARColony-full-alpha_10it04-0.6.9.1016.7z
Cumulative patch for the Manual archive of FARC alpha 10 (released before this first iteration update) is here: FARColony-cumulativepatch-alpha_10it04-0.6.9.1016.7z
To apply the patch unpack into your install dir and overwrite anything. What's Missing?
As usual I wasn't able to put anything I wanted in this iteration.
What's missing is mainly a goodstack of custom effects for the memes and policies.
OK it isn't very relevant for this first part of the game where the player has only a very limited range of action with his/her faction.
Also only one new policy is added instead of the 2 policies and 3 memes I should have put in it. They will be in the next releases.
Part of the code audit concerning the SPM haven't been processed too.What's Next?
The iteration #05 will be about updating and code auditing the production system.
In this iteration you will see more visible changes because a big part of this one is about updating and expanding the user's interface, which lack of any informations about the infrastructures, the assembling/building setup, and also why an infrastructure is unvailable to build; for now the list simply hide the not available entries, which is pretty limited.
So unsurprisingly I don't follow entirely my initial plan here
, since I taken too much time. I prefer to focus to flesh up the existing systems, and pass the assets iterations for now.
But I keep the 10 iterations plan setup, it is just the order of the next ones that will change a bit.Changes
- HUD click is reinstated and normally stable now. Clicking on one element, pop up the encyclopedia and display the definition of the clicked element. Only a few element are clickable for now.
- the fonts sizing for any HUD object is now 100% compliant with the dynamic and static font sizing system.
- new topics:
- The Universe. Will contains informations on how the stellar systems, the stars and their eventual orbital objects are generated.
- new entries:
- The Universe:
- Orbit Distance.
- Orbit Eccentricity.
- Star Temperature.
- addition of an array of data concerning which star systems an entity controls.
- the custom effect, concerning the Power & Organization Center, was badly set for the basic ones. So, in this case, the first player's colony was equipped with a Primary POC through his/her colonization shelters. Which is wrong, since this type of infrastructure must provide a basic POC, not a primary one.
- Interface - Colony Panel:
- The type of Power & Organization Center, the colony is equipped of, is now displayed into the left part of the panel, under the Location.
- Interface - General:
- the SPM is now fully compliant with the centralized core data display.
- the code that display data into the frame of the main 3D view is changed to update HUD elements in the 3D view.
- the control state, of the current star is now displayed into the 3D view. It indicate if the star, and its possible orbital objects, is not controlled, controlled or contested, and by which factions.
- a bug has been fixed which prevented correct update of the texts in the main interface. I haven't paid attention to that and I'm sorry.
- Interface - Unified Management Interface:
- Faction Tab:
- the faction level is now correctly updated.
- Policies Enforcement Tab:
- in the case when the player's faction status isn't at the correct minimal level to enforce a policy, the explanation text now is displayed correctly for any SOC policy. It wasn't the case before.
- full code audit (refactoring, code cleanup, optimizations, bug fixing like the one which concern the decimal setting) of the following units:
- [partial] farc_csm_core.
- [partial] farc_csm_events.
- the player's faction name is now stored into a specific data.
- Socio-Political Matrix (SPM):
- [partial] massive code audit, refactoring and relocation. (partial)
- the faction levels are fully implemented, including the completion of the rules to determine of which level a faction is.
- rules about the control of a star systems has been fully designed and implemented.
- [partial] during the core phase processing, in case when a requirements test pass and the policy has UC cost/upkeep and the entity has not enough UC to pays it, the entity lose the policy.
- [partial] during the core phase processing, SPMi requirements tests for the player's faction depends now of the faction's status. If it is of the responsibility of the player's allegiance faction, it this this last that will test the requirements.
- complete overhaul of the entire matrix of influence between any SPM item (memes and policies).
- complete overhaul of the basic modifiers of the policies/memes.
- Colonization Phase System (CPS):
- the rules, for each faction's status and each of their levels, were been cleaned, expanded and completed. At least for this stage of the game.
- new policies ( total = 24 ):
- addition of data to store the star systems control state and faction. These data are save and loaded into saved game files.